- August 4, 2008
- 1 (after 3 ratings)
This is an (overly simple) example of how to manually delete something from the cache.
Usage is simply
This most likely doesn't work when using Vary headers but does seem to work fine for the most general case of simply needing to programmatically flush the cache after certain actions.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
from django.conf import settings from django.core.cache import cache from django.utils.encoding import iri_to_uri def delete_url_cache(url): """ simple method to delete the cache for a particular URL """ key_prefix = settings.CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_KEY_PREFIX cache_key = 'views.decorators.cache.cache_header.%s.%s' % (key_prefix, iri_to_uri(url)) cache.delete(cache_key)
More like this
- Cached lookup model mixin by isagalaev 7 years, 6 months ago
- Clear Django Cache by girasquid 6 years, 10 months ago
- Function cache decorator by bradbeattie 2 years, 8 months ago
- Scoped Cache Compatible with Django Caching Helpers by axiak 7 years, 5 months ago
- better localsettings import by andrew 3 weeks, 2 days ago