This simple middleware replaces all 'a href' links to the current page to the 'span' elements. This very usefule from the usability point of view.
For example, user open in bowser page http://svetlyak.ru/blog/, and this middleware will replace all 'a' elements on this page, which refer to the '/blog/'. Because of this, link 'Blog' in the main menu, become a simple 'span'.
Next, when user goes to the next page, a post with full comments list ('/blog/123/'), for example, the item 'Blog' in the main menu become a link again!
To use this middleware, just add it to the list of middleware classes:
MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = ('utils.middleware.RemoveSelfLinks',)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
import re class RemoveSelfLinks: def process_response(self, request, response): if response.status_code == 200: link = request.META['PATH_INFO'] response.content = \ re.sub( \ r'<a([^>]+)href="%s"([^>]*)>(.*?(?!</a>)[^<]*)</a>' % link, \ r'<span \1 \2>\3</span>', \ response.content) return response
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 3 months, 2 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 4 months, 1 week ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 5 months ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 7 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 9 months, 1 week ago