This middleware makes the admin error emails a lot more informative: you get the same HTML response that you get with
It uses the base class defined in #638.
You will probably want to apply the patch for #6748 to help avoid slowdowns caused by unintentional database queries. As the ticket (and django-developers thread) notes, it isn't foolproof; you may still find this executing database queries.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
from exception_middleware import import StandardExceptionMiddleware, _get_traceback from django.conf import settings from django.core.mail import EmailMultiAlternatives class HTMLMailExceptionMiddleware(StandardExceptionMiddleware): def log_exception(self, request, exception, exc_info): debug_response = self.debug_500_response(request, exception, exc_info) subject, message = self.exception_email(request, exc_info) msg = EmailMultiAlternatives(settings.EMAIL_SUBJECT_PREFIX + subject, message, settings.SERVER_EMAIL, [a for a in settings.ADMINS]) msg.attach_alternative(debug_response.content, 'text/html') msg.send(fail_silently=True)
More like this
- codigo alto nivel by MrRocklion 4 weeks ago
- Load template from specific app by Krzysiek555 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- PostgreSQL JSON subqueries by dolamroth 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 6 months, 3 weeks ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 6 months, 3 weeks ago