- September 24, 2007
- newforms strings trim
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Makes sure the value a user entered into a a text-based field is automatically trimmed during form cleaning / validation.
The 'field' parameter is expected to be a newforms.fields.Field instance.Only modifies str and unicode descending values, and passes everything else on untouched.
form = form_for_model(Person) make_trimming(form.fields['name'])
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
def make_trimming(field): def clean_hook(self, old_clean, value): result = old_clean(value) if isinstance(result, (str, unicode,)): result = result.strip() return result old_clean = field.clean import new field.clean = new.instancemethod( lambda self, value: clean_hook(self, old_clean, value), field, field.__class__)
More like this
- DefaultValueWidget by miracle2k 8 years, 2 months ago
- assign fields dynamically in newforms by rubic 8 years, 7 months ago
- Getting dynamic model choices in newforms by ubernostrum 8 years, 7 months ago
- Modify fields created by form_for_model by grahamu 8 years, 7 months ago
- Generate newforms-admin admin.py file by NL 7 years, 7 months ago