- September 15, 2011
- admin manager select queryset
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Because select_related() only works on ForeignKeys that are not null or blank, when you are customizing the admin, even if you set "list_select_related=True" you can still end up with way too many querys in the Admin changelist. By adding this code to your model you can decrease the queries dramatically.
I found I needed this when I was working with Django apps with a lot of legacy data and I couldn't set the ForeignKey null=False.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
class SelectRelatedManager(models.Manager): def get_query_set(self): return super(SelectRelatedManager, self)\ .get_query_set()\ .select_related('organization') class SomeModel(models.Model): ... organization = models.ForeignKey(Organization, blank=True, null=True) .... objects = SelectRelatedManager()
More like this
- RelatedNullFilterSpec: django-admin custom filter all/null/not null/choices by Codeko 5 years, 10 months ago
- Hyperlink read-only ForeignKey objects in admin to their change pages by strangefeatures 4 years, 7 months ago
- django-admin custom filter: IS NULL/IS NOT NULL by Eloff 6 years, 5 months ago
- Making prepopulate_from work with ForeignKeys and other sorts of choice fields by josho 7 years, 11 months ago
- Left Outer join Q object by karsu 9 years, 3 months ago