Because select_related() only works on ForeignKeys that are not null or blank, when you are customizing the admin, even if you set "list_select_related=True" you can still end up with way too many querys in the Admin changelist. By adding this code to your model you can decrease the queries dramatically.
I found I needed this when I was working with Django apps with a lot of legacy data and I couldn't set the ForeignKey null=False.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
class SelectRelatedManager(models.Manager): def get_query_set(self): return super(SelectRelatedManager, self)\ .get_query_set()\ .select_related('organization') class SomeModel(models.Model): ... organization = models.ForeignKey(Organization, blank=True, null=True) .... objects = SelectRelatedManager()
More like this
- codigo alto nivel by MrRocklion 1 month ago
- Load template from specific app by Krzysiek555 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- PostgreSQL JSON subqueries by dolamroth 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 7 months ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 7 months ago