- March 24, 2011
- media staticfiles
- 1 (after 1 ratings)
Note: This concerns django 1.3 but the tags does not yet exist.
We have a couple of apps, including 3rd party apps, that have the 'static' files in 'media' dirs. These files aren't found with collectstatic in django 1.3. With this snippet they will be.
To use it:
paste the code in a file e.g. yourproject/finders.py.
include the finder in settings.STATICFILES_FINDERS:
STATICFILES_FINDERS = ( 'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.FileSystemFinder', 'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.AppDirectoriesFinder', 'yourproject.finders.AppMediaDirectoriesFinder',
- ./manage.py collectstatic -n -l
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
from django.contrib.staticfiles.finders import AppDirectoriesFinder from django.contrib.staticfiles.storage import AppStaticStorage class AppMediaStorage(AppStaticStorage): source_dir = 'media' class AppMediaDirectoriesFinder(AppDirectoriesFinder): storage_class = AppMediaStorage
More like this
- Admin Apps Names Translation by Nad 5 years, 7 months ago
- @url decorator - getting rid of urlpatterns by southern_sun 8 years ago
- Serve static media and indexes from app directories [Python2.5, Development only] by adamlofts 7 years ago
- models.py with django_dag models for parts hierarchy by j_syk 4 years, 1 month ago
- Yet Another Image Resizer by stephen_mcd 5 years, 6 months ago