- November 11, 2009
- form field output limit
- 0 (after 6 ratings)
This is a really simple snippet , but is not documented well ... Whit this , you can limit the output of one field in 25 characters before you test that is equal or over 30 characters! Note that the snippet cut the text and add three points at the end (...) Enjoy!
1 2 3 4 5
def limitfield (self,obj): if len(obj.field) < 30: return obj.field else: return obj.field[:26]+'...'
More like this
- Unlimited-length CharField by rfugger 5 years ago
- Limit queryset to objects related to parent in ManyToMany fields within admin inlines by DrMeers 5 years, 8 months ago
- JSON View Decorator by bryanpieper 5 years, 7 months ago
- Limit ForeignKey filter values to those that have a relationship with current model by overclocked 5 years, 3 months ago
- Limit ManyToMany fields in forms by jedie 6 years, 5 months ago