A generic admin action to export selected objects as csv file. The csv file contains a first line with header information build from the models field names followed by the actual data rows.
Access is limited to staff users.
Add the code to your project, e.g. a file called actions.py in the project root.
Register the action in your apps admin.py:
from myproject.actions import export_as_csv class MyAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin): actions = [export_as_csv]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
import csv from django.core.exceptions import PermissionDenied from django.http import HttpResponse def export_as_csv(modeladmin, request, queryset): """ Generic csv export admin action. """ if not request.user.is_staff: raise PermissionDenied opts = modeladmin.model._meta response = HttpResponse(mimetype='text/csv') response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename=%s.csv' % unicode(opts).replace('.', '_') writer = csv.writer(response) field_names = [field.name for field in opts.fields] # Write a first row with header information writer.writerow(field_names) # Write data rows for obj in queryset: writer.writerow([getattr(obj, field) for field in field_names]) return response export_as_csv.short_description = "Export selected objects as csv file"
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 months, 1 week ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 7 months ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 9 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 11 months, 2 weeks ago