Add RequestMiddleware to your MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES settings Then, when you need request in special cases, call get_request(), which returns the request object. This has to be used in very special cases.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
try: from threading import local except ImportError: from django.utils._threading_local import local _thread_locals = local() def get_request(): return getattr(_thread_locals, 'request', None) class RequestMiddleware(object): """Saves the request in thread local""" def process_request(self, request): _thread_locals.request = request
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 2 weeks, 2 days ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month, 1 week ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months, 2 weeks ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 9 months ago
Does this work without side-effects? Having request in the thread could simplify things sometimes...
Please login first before commenting.