- June 26, 2009
- 3 (after 3 ratings)
This is possibly the simplest solution for storing binary data in a TextField.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
import base64 from django.db import models class Foo(models.Model): _data = models.TextField( db_column='data', blank=True) def set_data(self, data): self._data = base64.encodestring(data) def get_data(self): return base64.decodestring(self._data) data = property(get_data, set_data)
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 days, 4 hours ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 8 months, 3 weeks ago
thank you very much, good snippet. Testing it now
Please login first before commenting.