- March 25, 2009
- dynamic form field hidden
- 1 (after 1 ratings)
This code demonstrates two simple techniques:
so-called "dynamic" forms, in which the form is created at run time by the model
using a widget (forms.widgets.HiddenInput) for a field of the form. I feel like this could be highlighted more in the documentation. You need to do something similar to get a textarea (forms.CharField(widget=forms.widgets.Textarea()) and it took me too long to figure this out.
There are, no doubt, good reasons not to do what I'm doing here the way I'm doing it. Peanut gallery?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
from django import forms hiddenValues = forms.Form() value0 = 17 hiddenValues.fields['value0'] = forms.CharField(initial=value0, widget=forms.widgets.HiddenInput()) # pass the form to your template # render it as you like, e.g. with form.as_p
More like this
- Dynamically change a form select widget to a hidden widget by epicserve 7 years ago
- Complex Formsets, Redux by smagala 6 years, 3 months ago
- Type checking templatetag filters by marcorogers 6 years, 4 months ago
- Dynamically add css-classes to formfields by Lacour 4 years, 11 months ago
- Get object/list or None by lokesh 6 years, 10 months ago