- February 9, 2009
- middleware profile debug
- 2 (after 2 ratings)
Simple debug middleware that uses pycallgraph to get a visual representation of the call graph, including number of calls and execution times.
Replace myapp in the snippet with the name of your application and or adjust include and exclude according to your needs
Add CallgraphMiddleware to your middlewares in settings.py
Append ?prof to any URL in your application to trigger the callgraph creation
Each callgraph cerated will be named callgraph-timestamp.png. This is because multiple callgraphs will be created when a re-direction occurs for example.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
import time import pycallgraph from django.conf import settings class CallgraphMiddleware(object): def process_view(self, request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs): if settings.DEBUG and 'graph' in request.GET: filter_func = pycallgraph.GlobbingFilter(include=['myapp.*'], exclude=['myapp.debug.*']) pycallgraph.start_trace(filter_func=filter_func) def process_response(self, request, response): if settings.DEBUG and 'graph' in request.GET: pycallgraph.make_dot_graph('callgraph-' + str(time.time()) + '.png') return response
More like this
- SSL Middleware for Webfaction by parlar 8 years, 11 months ago
- Redirect Multiple Domains to a Single Domain by rpoulton 8 years, 7 months ago
- Mobilize your Django site by stevena0 7 years ago
- Subdirectory and subcontext include template tag with examples by t_rybik 6 years, 1 month ago
- Simple Plone Migration by msm-art 8 years, 3 months ago