Most modern browsers support the new
<input type="date">, which allows inputting date using a browser-native date picker with built-in validation. This form widget utilizes this feature by setting the input type to "date" and by changing the value formatting as it should be in the ISO format.
See more about
<input type="date">: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/date
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
from django import forms from django.utils import formats class NativeDateInput(forms.DateInput): input_type = "date" def format_value(self, value): return formats.localize_input(value, "%Y-%m-%d")
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 days, 5 hours ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Please login first before commenting.