- September 26, 2008
- voting denormalization
- 1 (after 1 ratings)
This attaches a signal to the save and delete signals for the Vote object and recalculates the score for the object and stores it in that object's vote_score attribute.
This allows you to have a list of those objects and not have to calculate in the database the vote score for each object.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
# Register some signal handlers def denormalize_votes(sender, instance, created=False, **kwargs): """This recalculates the vote total for the object being voted on""" instance.object.vote_score = Vote.objects.get_score(instance.object)['score'] instance.object.save() models.signals.post_save.connect(denormalize_votes, sender=Vote) models.signals.post_delete.connect(denormalize_votes, sender=Vote)
More like this
- Callable object as signal receiver by diverman 6 years, 7 months ago
- Generic Recievers For Signals by ericmoritz 7 years, 5 months ago
- Binding signals to abstract models by andreterra 3 years, 6 months ago
- Signal to resize uploaded Fiber images as new thumbnailed images by versae 3 years, 9 months ago
- Signal to notify new saved comments by arthurfurlan 6 years, 6 months ago