- September 9, 2008
- 3 (after 3 ratings)
Create a copy of a model instance.
Works in model inheritance case where
instance.pk = None is
not good enough, since the subclass instance refers to the
parent_link's primary key during save.
M2M relationships are currently not handled, i.e. they are not copied.
See also Django #4027.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
from django.db.models import AutoField def copy_model_instance(obj): initial = dict([(f.name, getattr(obj, f.name)) for f in obj._meta.fields if not isinstance(f, AutoField) and\ not f in obj._meta.parents.values()]) return obj.__class__(**initial)
More like this
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 2 months, 2 weeks ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 3 months ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 4 months, 2 weeks ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 4 months, 4 weeks ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 5 months ago