A simple function that will remove the quote marks from every string in a list - if and only if the quote marks are the first and last character of the string, regardless of whether they are single or double quotes.
Useful when parsing the arguments of a custom tag.
1 2 3
def dequote(arg): "Given a list, will return a list with any leading and trailing quotes from the items in the list removed" return [ ( arg[1:-1] if arg == arg[-1] and arg in ('"', "'") else arg ) for arg in args ]
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 5 months, 4 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 months, 2 weeks ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 7 months, 1 week ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 9 months, 2 weeks ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 11 months, 3 weeks ago