This is a simple middleware that redirects the exactly URL requested with the correct domain. It is useful when you have more than one domain (most of cases with "www." or IP) to access a website.
To make it works, download the snippet file as the name "permanent_redirect.py" and add its path as the first item in MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES setting in settings.py.
Later you must inform a setting called
HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN with the correct domain.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
from django.conf import settings from django.http import HttpResponsePermanentRedirect class PermanentRedirectMiddleware(object): def process_request(self, request): if hasattr(settings, 'HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN') and\ 'HTTP_HOST' in request.META and \ request.META['HTTP_HOST'] != settings.HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN: return HttpResponsePermanentRedirect("http%s://%s%s"%( request.is_secure() and 's' or '', settings.HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN, request.get_full_path(), ) )
More like this
- codigo alto nivel by MrRocklion 3 days, 6 hours ago
- Load template from specific app by Krzysiek555 3 weeks, 2 days ago
- PostgreSQL JSON subqueries by dolamroth 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 6 months ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 6 months ago