- July 24, 2008
- middleware redirect permanent seo
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
This is a simple middleware that redirects the exactly URL requested with the correct domain. It is useful when you have more than one domain (most of cases with "www." or IP) to access a website.
To make it works, download the snippet file as the name "permanent_redirect.py" and add its path as the first item in MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES setting in settings.py.
Later you must inform a setting called
HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN with the correct domain.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
from django.conf import settings from django.http import HttpResponsePermanentRedirect class PermanentRedirectMiddleware(object): def process_request(self, request): if hasattr(settings, 'HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN') and\ 'HTTP_HOST' in request.META and \ request.META['HTTP_HOST'] != settings.HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN: return HttpResponsePermanentRedirect("http%s://%s%s"%( request.is_secure() and 's' or '', settings.HTTP_HOST_DOMAIN, request.get_full_path(), ) )
More like this
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- Log the time taken to execute each DB query by kennyx46 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- django database snippet by ItsRLuo 1 month ago
- Serialize a model instance by chriswedgwood 2 months ago