- June 30, 2008
- settings apps applications
- -2 (after 6 ratings)
How to make this work:
- Put the code into your settings.py (or even better, local_settings.py if you have one)
- Put 3rd party apps you'd like to use into the directories specified in APP_DIRS.
- Place 'appname', into INSTALLED_APPS.
Just a little trick I use to keep from having to install apps via setup.py; I can just stick apps into arbitrary locations and use them. I also do this to keep single copies of 3rd party apps I use in multiple projects (but again without installing to the global python path). No idea if this is bad practice or anything, but I find it useful.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
APP_DIRS = ( # Put strings here like '/home/html/project/apps' # Pretty much just like TEMPLATE_DIRS. ) import sys for app_dir in APP_DIRS: sys.path.insert(0, app_dir)
More like this
- collectstatic for media folders by pterk 4 years, 6 months ago
- Admin Apps Names Translation by Nad 5 years, 8 months ago
- staticview for app by limodou 8 years, 3 months ago
- Sorl Thumbnail + Amazon S3 by skoczen 6 years, 4 months ago
- Admin App/Model Custom Ordering by stephen_mcd 5 years, 7 months ago