- February 27, 2007
- Pre .96
- null files views
- 0 (after 2 ratings)
Sometimes you have to serve null files. This quick hacky generic view lets you do that. The best example of that is robots.txt, I want my robots.txt to always be empty, at least for now.
The other example would be favicon.ico, but that's more often used to actually fill a purpose.
1 2 3 4
nullFile = lambda r: HttpResponse() # As you might've figured out, you use it in urls.py with: # (r'myRegex', 'some.module.nullFile'),
More like this
- Send large files through Django, and how to generate Zip files by jcrocholl 7 years, 7 months ago
- KMZMiddleware by giovabal 6 years, 11 months ago
- Updated FileField / ImageField with a delete checkbox by tomZ 7 years ago
- X-Sendfile static file serve view by dokterbob 4 years, 5 months ago
- Serve static media and indexes from app directories [Python2.5, Development only] by adamlofts 6 years, 7 months ago