- May 11, 2014
- Not specified
- configuration settings conditional installed_apps
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Some INSTALLED_APPLICATIONS applications may not be critical for your website to work - for example you may only need them for development - like 'django_extensions' or 'debug_toolbar'. They needn't be installed actually for the site to work.
This way you can avoid discussions with other developers if some application should be included, or is it just spam, because if they don't like it, they don't have to install it.
On a production server you can leave this not installed, to avoid security concerns like a possibility to IP-spoof and see the debug toolbar.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
# settings.py INSTALLED_APPS = ( 'longerusername', 'django.contrib.auth', 'django.contrib.contenttypes', 'django.contrib.sessions', 'django.contrib.messages', 'django.contrib.admin', # ... ) def _enable_conditional(application): global INSTALLED_APPS try: __import__(application) INSTALLED_APPS += (application,) except ImportError: pass _enable_conditional('django_extensions') _enable_conditional('debug_toolbar')
More like this
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- Log the time taken to execute each DB query by kennyx46 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- django database snippet by ItsRLuo 1 month ago
- Serialize a model instance by chriswedgwood 1 month, 4 weeks ago