- January 9, 2014
- dict dicts dictionary concat
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Wanted a simple function to concatenate n dictionaries. Each dictionary passed in is deep copied to avoid any possible mutation of dictionaries being concatenated.
Dictionary m's key/values will be overwritten by dictionary m+1's key/values.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
import copy def dict_concat(*args): """Concatinates a new dictionary without any side effects""" cursor = iter(args) d_final = copy.deepcopy(cursor.next()) for d in cursor: d_final.update(copy.deepcopy(d)) return d_final
More like this
- Retrieve human-readable value from choices tuple or value from dict by JoeLinux 2 years, 6 months ago
- dict recurse template tag for django by stefanp 5 years, 5 months ago
- Regular Expression Dictionary by skitch 8 years, 1 month ago
- Get dict's associated value filter by zalun 6 years, 5 months ago
- Yet another query string template tag by atms 4 years, 4 months ago