This code runs well on Django 1.4 also with the Admin panel. It's important to get the storage and the path before delete the model or the latter will persist void also if deleted.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
class ImageModel(models.Model): image = ImageField(...) def delete(self, *args, **kwargs): # You have to prepare what you need before delete the model storage, path = self.image.storage, self.image.path # Delete the model before the file super(ImageModel, self).delete(*args, **kwargs) # Delete the file after the model storage.delete(path)
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 days, 9 hours ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Please login first before commenting.