- January 24, 2012
- Not specified
- model validation subclass
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
If you inherit from ValidatedModel instead of from models.Model, then full_clean() will be called before save().
So, add validators to your field definitions, and all your fields will be validated before they go to the database.
The same thing can be accomplished with a pre_save signal, but the code is quite a bit messier than the simple inheritance above.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
class ValidatedModel(models.Model): def save(self, *args, **kwargs): self.full_clean() super(ValidatedModel, self).save(*args, **kwargs) class Meta: abstract = True
More like this
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 3 weeks ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 3 weeks ago
- Log the time taken to execute each DB query by kennyx46 3 weeks, 1 day ago
- django database snippet by ItsRLuo 3 weeks, 6 days ago
- Serialize a model instance by chriswedgwood 1 month, 3 weeks ago