- November 10, 2011
- Not specified
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Sometimes I don't want to reveal a staff-only view so I created this decorator, using
django.contrib.admin.views.decorators.staff_member_required as my boilerplate. Non staff members are kicked to the 404 curb.
Suggestion: Create a file,
decorators.py in your project (or single app) and import like so:
from myproject.app_name.decorators import staff_or_404.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
try: from functools import wraps except ImportError: from django.utils.functional import wraps # Python 2.4 fallback. from django.http import Http404 def staff_or_404(view_func): """ Decorator for views that checks that the user is logged in and is a staff member, raising a 404 if necessary. """ def _checklogin(request, *args, **kwargs): if request.user.is_active and request.user.is_staff: # The user is valid. Continue to the admin page. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) else: raise Http404 return wraps(view_func)(_checklogin)
More like this
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 1 month, 1 week ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- FileField having auto upload_to path by junaidmgithub 2 months, 3 weeks ago
- LazyPrimaryKeyRelatedField by LLyaudet 3 months ago