This function mangles a generated form class to remove the Hold down "Control", or "Command"... messages from the help text. This is really a dirty hack awaiting a proper solution to Django ticket 9321.
This function can be useful for forms in the admin interface that use custom widgets. Basic usage:
class MyModelForm(forms.ModelForm): class Meta: model = MyModel class MyAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin): form = remove_holddown(MyModelForm, ('field1', 'field2'))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
def remove_holddown(form, fields): """This removes the unhelpful "Hold down the...." help texts for the specified fields for a form.""" remove_message = unicode(_('Hold down "Control", or "Command" on a Mac, to select more than one.')) for field in fields: if field in form.base_fields: if form.base_fields[field].help_text: form.base_fields[field].help_text = form.base_fields[field].help_text.replace(remove_message, '').strip() return form
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 days, 4 hours ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 8 months, 3 weeks ago
**need in 8 line:
form.base_fields[field].help_text = ugettext_lazy(form.base_fields[field].help_text.replace(remove_message,''))<br /> but anyway i don't can change in django this problem
This is not going to work as that is too early in the code to remove the help text. You need to override the method
Please login first before commenting.