should probably be migrated to an inclusion tag to allow a source timezone that isn't the site specific TIME_ZONE.
This code assumes that your database stores dates according to the django.conf.settings.TIME_ZONE variable.
Yes.. this assumes that dates are stored in the database according to system time. On my systems the system time of a server is always UTC therefore avoiding problems with datetime (no tz info) columns in backend databases having no timezone information and stored according to the database or system timezone information. I find it a good practice to always use UTC for any stored information and always retrieve information as UTC and localize the date during display.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
from django import template from django.conf import settings import pytz register = template.Library() @register.filter def astimezone(date, destination=None): if not destination: destination = settings.TIME_ZONE if date.tzinfo: return date.astimezone(pytz.timezone(destination)) else: return pytz.timezone(settings.TIME_ZONE).localize(date).astimezone(pytz.timezone(destination))
More like this
- FileField having auto upload_to path by junaidmgithub 1 month ago
- LazyPrimaryKeyRelatedField by LLyaudet 1 month, 1 week ago
- CacheInDictManager by LLyaudet 1 month, 1 week ago
- MYSQL Full Text Expression by Bidaya0 1 month, 1 week ago
- Custom model manager chaining (Python 3 re-write) by Spotted1270 1 month, 2 weeks ago