- February 19, 2011
- google-maps kml kmz google-earth
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
This is a slight modification from the original version at http://djangosnippets.org/snippets/709/ and is a middleware designed to output the right headers for generated KML or KMZ content. In the case of KMZ content, it handles the compression of the original KML content into the KMZ format.
This version applies the processing to only requests ending with a .kml or .kmz in the URL. For instance, a request with the URL http://example.com/kml/foo.kml or http://example.com/foo.kmz will get processed by this middleware.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
from cStringIO import StringIO import zipfile class KMLMiddleware(object): """ Middleware for serving KML data and optionally converting it to KMZ if the right extension is used. """ def process_response(self, request, response): request_file = request.path.split("/")[-1] if request_file.lower().endswith(".kmz"): kmz = StringIO() f = zipfile.ZipFile(kmz, 'w', zipfile.ZIP_DEFLATED) save_file_name = request_file[:request_file.lower().rfind(".kmz")] # strips off the .kmz extension f.writestr('%s.kml' % save_file_name, response.content) f.close() response.content = kmz.getvalue() kmz.close() response['Content-Type'] = 'application/vnd.google-earth.kmz' response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename=%s.kmz' % save_file_name response['Content-Length'] = str(len(response.content)) if request_file.lower().endswith(".kml"): save_file_name = request_file[:request_file.lower().rfind(".kml")] # strips off the .kmz extension response['Content-Type'] = 'application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml' response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename=%s.kml' % save_file_name response['Content-Length'] = str(len(response.content)) return response
More like this
- Effective content caching for mass-load site using redirect feature by nnseva 4 years, 1 month ago
- SSL Middleware for Webfaction by parlar 8 years, 3 months ago
- Interactive Profiling Middleware by sfllaw 5 years, 1 month ago
- Extended Profiling and Timing Middleware using cProfile by dstryke 1 year, 10 months ago
- Debug middleware for displaying sql queries and template loading info when ?debug=true by SEJeff 4 years, 4 months ago