- September 23, 2010
- Not specified
- http request redirect reverse httpresponse
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
When you neeed to do redirect and request object is not available, you can do it with exception.
Put exception handler somewhere request is available, for example to middleware or ModelAdmin.
Raise exception, where request is not available.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
class Redirect(Exception): def __init__(self, url): self.url = url # where request is not: raise Redirect(reverse('someurl')) # redirect handler, where request is: from django.http import HttpResponseRedirect try: return something(request, ...) except Redirect, r: return HttpResponseRedirect(r.url)
More like this
- Effective content caching for mass-load site using redirect feature by nnseva 4 years, 1 month ago
- Message exception by marinho 6 years, 10 months ago
- HttpResponseRedirectView - Redirect to a view by adamlofts 7 years ago
- Decorator that limits request methods by schinckel 6 years, 1 month ago
- Enable AWS ELB with SSL Termination by zvikico 4 years, 2 months ago