- September 23, 2010
- Not specified
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
When you neeed to do redirect and request object is not available, you can do it with exception.
Put exception handler somewhere request is available, for example to middleware or ModelAdmin.
Raise exception, where request is not available.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
class Redirect(Exception): def __init__(self, url): self.url = url # where request is not: raise Redirect(reverse('someurl')) # redirect handler, where request is: from django.http import HttpResponseRedirect try: return something(request, ...) except Redirect, r: return HttpResponseRedirect(r.url)
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 3 months, 2 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 4 months ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 5 months ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 7 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 9 months, 1 week ago