- September 23, 2010
- Not specified
- http request redirect reverse httpresponse
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
When you neeed to do redirect and request object is not available, you can do it with exception.
Put exception handler somewhere request is available, for example to middleware or ModelAdmin.
Raise exception, where request is not available.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
class Redirect(Exception): def __init__(self, url): self.url = url # where request is not: raise Redirect(reverse('someurl')) # redirect handler, where request is: from django.http import HttpResponseRedirect try: return something(request, ...) except Redirect, r: return HttpResponseRedirect(r.url)
More like this
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- Log the time taken to execute each DB query by kennyx46 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- django database snippet by ItsRLuo 2 months ago
- Serialize a model instance by chriswedgwood 2 months, 4 weeks ago