- August 2, 2010
- Not specified
- 1 (after 7 ratings)
This code adds new field to Django user model. It must be executed early as much as possible, so put this code to init.py of some application.
1 2 3 4 5
from django.db import models from django.contrib.auth.models import User some_field = models.CharField(max_length=32) some_field.contribute_to_class(User, 'some_field')
More like this
- Stuff by NixonDash 1 month ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 3 months ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 6 months, 2 weeks ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 7 months ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 8 months, 2 weeks ago
How to Sync this modified model with my database ?
manage.py sqlall and manage.py syncdb creates new column properly.
What is your problem? If your column doesn't exist aleready, write an ALTER TABLE command.
I don't understand the negative score, since this snippet is working well.
I'm trying this out. So far so good...
Hi, while this worked fine for adding a new field, I would like to go forward and know how to make this new field appear in the admin section.
If somebody give me an approach I'll be thankful! =)
how to retrive this added fields list from model? when i retrive fields using user._meta.get_all_field_names() method i only get default fields, i don't get newly added fields...
Please login first before commenting.