- January 14, 2010
- username id transaction
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
I thought this code for insert automatically id in username field. This method should be used in save method. This code work on a dbms that support transactions ( example: mysql+innodb or postgresql ).
Let me know what you think about this snippet and if you advice an alternative solution by commenting below.
1 2 3 4 5 6
def create_new_user(self, username, email, password): new_user = User.objects.create_user(username, email, password) new_user.username = str(new_user.id) new_user.save() return new_user create_new_user = transaction.commit_on_success(create_new_user)
More like this
- Nested commit_on_success by rfk 6 years, 1 month ago
- Email or username authentication with masquerading by petrilli 5 years, 9 months ago
- PatchModelForm - A ModelForm subclass with the semantics of the PATCH HTTP method by gnrfan 2 years, 10 months ago
- Automatic Memoization Decorator by nikmolnar 2 years, 2 months ago
- Unique Slugify by SmileyChris 6 years, 11 months ago