If you have a production, staging, testing and development environment, you might want to have a global checked in (in your version control system) settings.py for production + a local settings.py to override various settings (like database connection).
It's also good for development, since developers don't - by incident - commit to the production settings.py, since they can use their local settings, that should be ignored (.cvsignore, .svnignore or similar).
1 2 3 4
try: from settings_local import * except: pass
More like this
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 3 months ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 3 months, 2 weeks ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 5 months ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 5 months, 1 week ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 5 months, 2 weeks ago