"Thus, if a LOGGER is configured inside settings.py, we use that. Otherwise, we just use vanilla logging functions with the global logging configuration. Nice and sweet."
Naturally, the logger can be anything described here, I'm just using the RotatingFileHandler as an example because that's what I was using in my project.
Full write up+shamless plug here
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
#in settings.py LOG_FILENAME = '/var/log/somefile.log' logger = logging.getLogger('foo') logger.setLevel(logging.DEBUG) handler = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler(filename=LOG_FILENAME, maxBytes=1000000000, backupCount=5) FORMAT = "[ %(asctime)s %(levelname)s ] %(message)s" formatter = logging.Formatter(FORMAT) handler.setFormatter(formatter) handler.setLevel(logging.DEBUG) logger.addHandler(handler) LOGGER = logger #to use in apps/modules: try: logging = settings.LOGGERG except AttributeError: import logging
More like this
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 1 month, 1 week ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 2 months, 3 weeks ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 3 months ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 3 months, 1 week ago