Here's how to find the 10 closest locations to a point for a model that has latitude and longitude columns, if you're not using GeoDjango.
This runs a brute force distance calculation against every row, so it should only be used on smaller tables - probably less than 100,000 rows.
For larger tables you should use GeoDjango instead.
See also my TIL about this.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
from django.db.models import F from django.db.models.functions import ACos, Cos, Radians, Sin locations = Location.objects.annotate( distance_miles = ACos( Cos( Radians(input_latitude) ) * Cos( Radians(F('latitude')) ) * Cos( Radians(F('longitude')) - Radians(input_longitude) ) + Sin( Radians(input_latitude) ) * Sin(Radians(F('latitude'))) ) * 3959 ).order_by('distance_miles')[:10]
More like this
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 3 months ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 3 months ago
- Log the time taken to execute each DB query by kennyx46 3 months ago
- django database snippet by ItsRLuo 3 months, 1 week ago
- Serialize a model instance by chriswedgwood 4 months ago