- December 10, 2014
- Not specified
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
A "fake" model field which is an alias to another underlying database field.
Mirrors everything including queryset lookups, instance attributes, even if the field has been used on the model already (this isn't possible just by using db_column).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
class AliasField(models.Field): def contribute_to_class(self, cls, name, virtual_only=False): super(AliasField, self).contribute_to_class(cls, name, virtual_only=True) setattr(cls, name, self) def __get__(self, instance, instance_type=None): return getattr(instance, self.db_column) class Order(models.Model): """ The main order model """ number = AliasField(db_column='id')
More like this
- Stuff by NixonDash 1 month ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 3 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 6 months, 3 weeks ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 7 months ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Please login first before commenting.