- April 19, 2008
- Not specified
- log help irc thanks score
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
We had some fun today on the #django IRC channel searching and counting through past logs for people saying "thanks" to a known very helpful person.
Here's a unix shell script for checking your own score if you're using Pidgin and have logging turned on.
Replace ".purple" with ".gaim" in the script if you're using Gaim (an older version of Pidgin).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#!/bin/sh # # django-thanks-score - count how many times someone thanked you # on the #django IRC channel # # Usage: ./django-thanks-score <nickname> # LOGDIR=$HOMEfirstname.lastname@example.org/#django.chat cat $LOGDIR/*.txt | egrep -ic "\) [^:]+:.*$1.*thank"
More like this
- EncryptField by volksman 7 years, 2 months ago
- Logging Middleware by Magus 8 years, 2 months ago
- Script factory for monitoring django-sphinx with Nagios by johnnoone 6 years, 7 months ago
- CollectionFrom (GeometryCollection <-> Geometry Fields!) by philipn 4 years, 7 months ago
- Middleware to log username into apache logs with mod_python by kahless 8 years, 9 months ago